Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Week 1 EOC: My voice

In the English world there is an old adage along the lines of, “If you can’t stand the heat of the kitchen; Get out!” While in the culinary industry the heat of a professional kitchen is higher than a home one; there are so many other factors that influence the industry and how well you do in it. As a culinary professional I can say that this industry is a very hard one to work in. While a viewer from the outside my say that the work done in this industry is relatively easy, it is not. This industry is rough and merciless. As I continue to adapt and climb the ladder of my industry, I develop more skills that allow me to be successful as well as attain meaningful knowledge. I continually seek out jobs that will challenge me in ways that I have never been; my dreams and aspirations in my field have been extensive. I do not wish to be a simple line cook or executive chef; my end goal is to work as the executive chef for the White House. How I reach my goal is through a 12 year plan I have set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment